Bhajanawali’s Silver Jubilee Bhajan Sandhya on August 19th, 2005 at Sangam Banquet Hall, Mississauga, Canada was a tremendous success.
The well publicized Bhajan Sandhya organized by Bhajanawali Radio and Web Cast to celebrate its 25th year of non-commercial Vedic religion broadcast on Friday August 19 (Raksha-Bandhan Day) was attended by about 700 devotees. World renowned devotional singers Piyoosha and Kailash Anuj arrived from New Delhi, India in the morning of August 19 just to enthrall audiences of the Bhajanawali’s concert.
Their unique approach to bhajans evoked great audience participation and everyone who attended the concert was totally mesmerized. Piyoosha & Kailash Anuj have been performing a number of devotional programs on India’s National TV Network, DD Metro, Asia TV Network, Aradhana, Home TV, Asia Music, Zee TV, Sony, India TV, Star Plus, FM Channel, All India Radio, Voice of America etc. They had heard of Bhajanawali broadcasts and wished to render their services to celebrate Bhajanawali’s historical success.
To top it all Bhajanawali arranged to have one of the greatest saints of India, Sant Shri Deen Dayalu ji Maharaj to deliver his first ever “Pravachan” outside India to a non-temple audience. Not only the concert was well organized but the stage decoration, lighting and audio system were also of top quality.
The devotees attending the Bhajan Sandhya also received the most informative commemorative magazine (Smarika Patrika) on Hindu Dharma containing 30 answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding Hinduism.
Following were felicitated with memorable Bhajanawali plaques:
- Shri Ashok Parihar, the founder-producer of Bhajanawali.
- Late Madan Sharma, his wife Mrs. Sanjog Sharma received the plaque on his behalf for his initial contribution to Bhajanawali.
- Shri Vasu Sharma, President and Treasurer of Bhajanawali
- Shri Vijay Tangri for transporting Bhajanawali programs to the radio station for the last six years.
- Shri Subhash Batra for making the initial contacts with bhajan singers in India.
- Anamika Rajhans for co-hosting Bhajanawali, 1997-2002
- Shri Chaman Lal Jagota, one of the great supporters of Bhajanawali since 1981.
- Mohit Rajhans, in-charge of Bhajanawali’s youth program.
- Shri Jayant Bhai Patel for the largest donation to Bhajanawali.
- Hindu Prarthana Samaj , the only Hindu temple of the Greater
- Toronto Area offering financial support to Bhajanawali since 1981.
- Shri Goldy Dogra, in-charge of Bhajanawali’s web site
- Shri Vinny Relan for maximum donation for the Bhajan Sandhya and also the sponsor of simultaneous webcasts since 1998.
- Shri Raja Sarangi, in- charge of the stage and audio system for the Bhajan sandhya.
- Shri Varinder Arora for donating a large sum for the Bhajan sandhya and for the legal advice.
- Shri Amar Batish, the editor of the commemorative magazine .
- Smt. Bimla Varma in-charge of the publicity.
- Shalini Rajhans, the co-host of Bhajanawali
- Shri Dilip Shroff, in-charge of distributing Bhajan Sandhya flyers.
- Monika Monga (Sangam Banquet Hall), in-charge of Banquet Hall arrangement.
- Dr. Shivendra Bahadur of USA for transcribing the FAQs and As on Hinduism from Bhajanawali broadcasts.
- Shri Vijay Sharma for arranging the videographer and photographer for the Bhajan Sandhya.
- Shri Suresh Jaura of Southasianoutlook.com for continuously publicizing Bhajanawali’s silver jubilee event in his electronic monthly.
- Shri Rakesh Tiwari of Hindi Times for widely publicizing the Bhajan Sandhya in his weekly Hindi journal.
- Shri Bimal Pathak for his Herculean effort of obtaining the visitor’s visas for the singers of India in time.
- Shri and Smt. Kailash and Piyoosha Anuj of New Delhi, the heart and soul of Bhajanawali’s Bhajan Sandhya on Friday August 19.
In addition, Shri Gyan Rajhans, the pioneer-host of Bhajanawali was specially recognized for his tireless devotion and selfless commitment to Bhajanawali for the last 24 years.